Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

MSG and Time Warner Cable Feud Hurts Knicks Fans

The Knicks are playing the 76ers tonight, but I'm not going to be able to see it. As a matter of fact, I haven't been able to see any Knicks games since 2011 because Time Warner Cable is not brodcasting MSG for the time being.

MSG reportedly wants a 53% pay increase and Time Warner Cable isn't willing to pay them that much. MSG has exclusive coverage of the Knicks and fans of the team who are customers of Time Warner Cable are suffering.

This is where I come in. The Knicks are my favorite team and now I can't watch them unless their games are nationally televised (ABC, ESPN, or TNT) or on YES (exclusive coverage of the Nets). I now can't watch any Knicks games on MSG, or on NBA TV or on NBA League Pass due to contractural restrictions.

This has irked me quite a bit. Before MSG was taken off Time Warner Cable, they aired commercials urging Knicks fans to switch to Dish Network or Directv, but I am staying with Time Warner Cable. They have been good to my family and I for more than ten years now and I think that MSG should get real and accept a lower offer that would probably still end up being a pay increase.

What does this mean for this blog? It means that I probably won't (can't) write a blog post for every Knicks game. But I will cover all the Knicks games I can and publish entries on other Knick-related topics. I plan to introduce some new segments to this blog and I hope that you will like them.

Have any thoughts on MSG and/or Time Warner Cable? Who's side are you on? Leave a comment below and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment