Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lin Scores 38 as Knicks Beat Lakers at MSG

If you were to tell me a week ago that the Knicks were gonna beat the Lakers without Melo or Amar'e, I wouldn't have believed you. However, it has happened. The Knicks beat Kobe and the Lakers at home, 92-85.

Jeremy Lin scored a career-high 38 points and dished out 7 assists. Jared Jeffries had 11 and 9 and Tyson Chandler had 9 and 11, but this game was all Lin. He also shot 13-23 from the field and had 2 steals.

Kobe Bryant (34 points, 10 rebounds) had more rebounds and less turnovers than Lin, but that was about it. Lin outscored him, had more assists, and shot better from the field.

The Knicks have won 4 games in a row and in each of those 4 games, Lin has scored at least 23 points and has dished out at least 7 assists. In these magical last 4 games, he's averaged 28.5 points, 8 assists, and 1.8 steals on 57.5 percent shooting.

I have to admit, I wasn't an instant believer in the Linsanity craze. During the first 3 games, I wasn't totally convinced that it wasn't a fluke. I knew Lin was better than people ever gave him credit for, but the Nets, Jazz, and Wizards weren't great teams and I wasn't ready to jump on the bandwagon yet.

Now, I'm a full-fledged Linsanity believer. This guy is good! He is my new favorite Knick and I'm way more excited about being a Knicks fan than I was these last couple of weeks.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the Knicks WILL make the playoffs. People are gonna say, "Remember when the Knicks started out 8-15 and then that Lin guy saved us."

(Photo Courtesy: Yahoo! Sports "NBA: LA Lakers at New York - Feb 10, 2012" - http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/games/2012021018/gallery)

Have any thoughts on the Knicks beating the Lakers at the Garden? Leave a comment below and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment