Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Knicks to Sign Steve Novak, Pursuing James Posey

I can imagine what you may be thinking right now: What?! But it looks like the Knicks will add forward Steve Novak to their roster.

Novak, 27, has played five seasons in the NBA, most recently with the Spurs. Throughout his career he's played with 4 different teams and has been in and out of the D-League.

I'm not sure I like this move. The Knicks are a contender and should focus their efforts on trying to sign better players. From what I've read, Novak is a good shooter, and that will help the team, but there are many better players that the Knicks could have signed instead of him.

-

In other news, the Knicks are reportedly interesting in signing free agent journeyman James Posey.

I think that signing him would be a good move for the Knicks. Posey, 34, has won two NBA championships (with the Heat in 2006 and the Celtics in 2008). He struggled last season with the Pacers, but I think that he would turn the jets on if he was playing with a contender. Posey obviously knows how to win and would help the Knicks fill a void at the small forward position.

I also still think that the Knicks should sign Gilbert Arenas.

UPDATE (Dec. 20, 2011): When asked about James Posey, Knicks head coach Mike D'Antoni said, "I don't think we're pursuing that right now."

Have any thoughts on Steve Novak signing with the Knicks? What free agents to you think the Knicks should sign to fill up their final roster spots? Leave a comment below and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment